Timea R. Hargesheimer joined the firm in 2014 as an associate in the Family Law and Domestic Relations area. Ms. Hargesheimer represents clients in all aspects of family court proceedings.
Ms. Hargesheimer was born in Csorna, Hungary, and is fluent in Hungarian. She graduated summa cum laude from Arizona State University (ASU) in 2007 with a B.S. in Justice Studies and received her J.D. from the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at ASU in 2011. During her tenure in law school, Ms. Hargesheimer co-founded the first family law student association, which established mentoring relationships between local family law attorneys and students wishing to practice in family law and created family law pro bono opportunities for students. She was also awarded a scholarship by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. Ms. Hargesheimer also held leadership roles in the Juvenile Legal Assistance Program, the Women Law Students Association, and the Advocacy Program Against Domestic Violence. Her externship activities included serving as a legal extern under the Honorable Bruce R. Cohen, Superior Court in Maricopa County, Family Division, and in the family law department of Community Legal Services, where Ms. Hargesheimer assisted in drafting an appellate brief in a termination of parental rights case, which was affirmed on appeal in favor of the client.
Associations & Activities
- Arizona Chapter of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AZ AFCC), Board of Directors Student Representative, 2010 – 2012; Young Professional Member, 2012 – 2014; Executive Council Secretary, 2015 – current; Summit Project Committee Member and Drafter, 2011- 2017
- State Bar of Arizona
- State Bar of Arizona, Executive Council for Family Law Section, 2015 – current
- State Bar of Arizona, Young Lawyers Division Liaison, 2015 – current; Family Law Section liaison, 2015 – current; CLE Committee Chair, 2016 – current
- Maricopa County Bar, Family Law Section member
- Joel Shepard Family Law Assistance Program, ASU Law, Pro bono volunteer
- Arizona, 2012
- Arizona State University (J.D., 2011; B.S., 2007, summa cum laude)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award
- Arizona Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML) scholarship recipient
News & Publications
The Cavanagh Law Firm was selected as one of the "10 Best Law Firms" for Arizona Client Satisfaction in the practice area of Family Law.
U. S. News 2nd World Report and Best Lawyers Recognizes the Cavanagh Law Firm With Tier 1 Rankings in the Following Practice Areas:
Family Law Insurance Law Litigation - Real Estate Litigation - Tax Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants Real Estate Law