You can avoid probate only if the assets you hold in your name do not exceed $100,000 of real property or $75,000 in personal property (cash, accounts and tangible personal property). This is increased by $25,000. If more than $5,000 of wages are to be paid, then probate is needed. The wage amount was not increased. Sharon Ravenscroft and Heather Lyons recommend that clients be sure to utilize their pay on death designations and transfer on death designations or title assets in a revocable living trust.
- Estate Tax Exclusion Changes Now and in 2025
- Associate Nick Brown Discusses Spike In Divorces with KTVK Ch. 3
- Arizona Federal Court Dismisses Class Action TCPA Case, Relying on US Supreme Court’s Newly-Clarified Definition of an Automatic Telephone Dialing System, Establishing New Precedent in Arizona
- The Cavanagh Law Firm Wins Title VII Gender Discrimination and Defamation Case
- Defeating Reptilian Tactics in First-Party Insurance Cases
There are no upcoming events at this time.