You can avoid probate only if the assets you hold in your name do not exceed $100,000 of real property or $75,000 in personal property (cash, accounts and tangible personal property). This is increased by $25,000. If more than $5,000 of wages are to be paid, then probate is needed. The wage amount was not increased. Sharon Ravenscroft and Heather Lyons recommend that clients be sure to utilize their pay on death designations and transfer on death designations or title assets in a revocable living trust.
- Punching the Clock: Why it is more important than ever that employers evaluate how to track employees’ time worked remotely
- Managing Partner Helen Davis Explains Divorce During the Pandemic
- Climate Change – A Different Perspective on Oil and Gas Production
- Cavanagh Attorneys Mear and Stafford Successfully Ensure a General Contractor’s Duty to a Subcontractor’s Employee is Not Expanded
- Loren Suddes, Certified Litigation Management Professional
There are no upcoming events at this time.