Environmental / Natural resources
We achieve solutions for businesses facing environmental regulation and for their insurers.
- Air quality – permits and conditions, compliance reports, variances and exclusions
- Water quality – National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System permits, Arizona Pollutant Discharge Elimination System permits, “Waters of the United States” Section 404 permits, storm water and Aquifer Protection Permits
- Waste – solid, hazardous, and special waste permitting, handling and reporting
- CERCLA or Superfund defense, Administrative Orders on Consent and/or settlements
- Advocacy before federal and state Environmental Agencies on laws, rules or regulations
Transactions: Asset and stock transactions involving real estate and business operations require a clear understanding of potential environmental risks. We assist our clients in making informed and sound business decisions by providing:
- Environmental due diligence, including oversight of consultants for Phase I and Phase II Environmental site Assessments under ASTM Standards
- Negotiating, drafting and analyzing real estate contract provisions with environmental issues
- Negotiations with regulators regarding Innocent Landowner protections, prospective purchaser agreements, deed restrictions or deed notices and other mechanisms
Brownfield Redevelopment: We represent sellers and purchasers of environmentally impaired properties in obtaining regulatory closure or no further action status by drafting and negotiating prospective purchaser agreements, voluntary cleanup agreements, environmental covenants, site management plans, RCRA corrective action permits, institutional controls and deed restrictions and deed notices and land use covenants. Litigation: We provide our clients with knowledgeable and experienced environmental advocacy to protect their rights and guard against unnecessary costs.