Cassie Meyer concentrates her practice on litigation and insurance coverage. Ms. Meyer has a diverse litigation practice, working with insureds and self-insured clients primarily in the areas of premises liability, auto liability, commercial liability, professional liability, liquor (dram shop) liability, and products liability. Ms. Meyer’s insurance coverage practice focuses on commercial lines as well as personal lines. She practices in the areas of first-party as well as third-party coverage and bad faith defense, including workers’ compensation bad faith defense. Among Ms. Meyer’s clients are insurance companies, individuals, retail businesses, restaurants, bars, transportation companies, and licensed professionals. Ms. Meyer has authored and presented numerous Continuing Legal Education seminars in the areas of litigation, insurance coverage and bad faith.
Associations & Activities
- State Bar of Arizona
- The Harmonie Group, Board of Directors, 2015-present, President-Elect, 2019-2020, President 2021-Present
- Arizona Women’s Lawyers Association (AWLA)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel (AADC)
- Maricopa County Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
- AV Peer Rated with Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America, 2021, Litigation – Insurance
- Arizona, 2001
- California, 2001
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- Southern District Court of California
- Northern District Court of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- California Western School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2000)
- California Western Law Review/International Law Journal, Executive Board Member and Notes and Comments Editor
- University of Arizona (B.A. cum laude, 1998)
- Gamma Sigma Alpha
- Phi Eta Sigma
- Phi Alpha Delta (Treasurer, 1998)
- Order of Omega
- Golden Key Mortar Board Senior Honors
- Pro Bono Honors Program and Sophistor Program
News & Publications
Arizona Federal Court Dismisses Class Action TCPA Case, Relying on US Supreme Court’s Newly-Clarified Definition of an Automatic Telephone Dialing System, Establishing New Precedent in Arizona
Attorneys Karen Stafford and Cassandra Meyer were victorious in their recent Class Action Telephone Consumer Protection Act ("TCPA") case. Plaintiff, on behalf of himself and the alleged class, filed suit against a real estate company alleging violations of the TCPA...
The Cavanagh Law Firm is pleased to announce that 14 of the Firm’s attorneys have been recognized in the 27th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America. We are also deeply proud to announce that The Best Lawyers in America also named Phil C. Gerard the Family Law...
The Cavanagh Law Firm is proud to announce that Senior Member, Cassandra Meyer, was elected as President-Elect for the Harmonie Group effective January 1st, 2019. The Harmonie Group is an invitation-only international network of elite and vetted attorneys providing...
Regional Editor, DRI’s 2016 Insurer’s Duty to Defend Compendium Author, DRI’s 2016 Insurer’s Duty to Defend Compendium, Arizona chapter