Ms. Hamilton practices exclusively in the area of family law. Ms. Hamilton has been a Certified Family Law Specialist since 1992. Her experience includes handling complex divorce matters, often including business valuation issues and other forensic matters. Ms. Hamilton also specializes in custody litigation and handles issues concerning child support, paternity, cohabitation, and premarital agreements.
Ms. Hamilton has served as the President of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Arizona, is a member of the Arizona Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AZAFCC), served on the Executive Board for the Family Law Section for approximately 8 years, has served on the Judicial Training Committee for Family Law Judges and has been honored to be named as a member of the Litigation Counsel of America.
Associations & Activities
- State Bar of Arizona
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The Trial Law Institute
- Litigation Counsel of America
- Board member and past President of the Arizona Family Planning Council
- Arizona Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- National Charity League
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys
- American Academy of Trial Attorneys Premier 100 designation, 2015
Awards & Recognition
- Two time State Bar of Arizona honoree as one of the top 50 pro bono lawyers
- Maricopa County’s Volunteer of the Year in Family Law
- Best Lawyers in America, Family Law
- AV Peer Rated with Lexis Nexis and Martindale-Hubbell
- Arizona Women’s Magazine Who’s Who in Business for ten years
- Southwest Super Lawyers 2007 – present
- The National Advocates: Top 100 Matrimonial and Family Lawyers, 2014
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys: One of the 10 best for client satisfaction, 2015
- Litigation Counsel of America, Senior Fellow, 2015
- Arizona, 1984
- University of Illinois (J.D., cum laude, 1984)
- Butler University (B.S., cum laude, 1981)
News & Publications
Top Arizona Attorneys Every year the best of the best lawyers get recognized by their peers for their professional achievements in law. The Super Lawyers Top 50 Lawyers for Arizona has been announced and The Cavanagh Law Firm attorneys have made the grade. Super...
The Cavanagh Law Firm is an outstanding and distinguished law firm in Arizona that covers a variety of practices. The Firm’s exceptional lawyers have an impressive history litigating complex and sophisticated cases. The firm has been recognized by U.S. News - Best...
The Cavanagh Law Firm was selected as one of the "10 Best Law Firms" for Arizona Client Satisfaction in the practice area of Family Law.
U. S. News 2nd World Report and Best Lawyers Recognizes the Cavanagh Law Firm With Tier 1 Rankings in the Following Practice Areas:
Family Law Insurance Law Litigation - Real Estate Litigation - Tax Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants Real Estate Law
Southwest Super Lawyers selected 12 senior attorneys for its 2017 honor. Named for this honor are Helen R. Davis, William M. Demlong, Philip C. Gerard, Connie T. Gould, Christina S. Hamilton, Ralph E. Hunsaker, Timothy R. Hyland, Steven Plitt, Elliot H. Wernick, Richard J. Woods and Jerry D. Worsham II. Steven J. Gross, Jordan R. Plitt and John K. Wittwer were named as up-and-coming, Rising Stars.
Ten senior attorneys were named as 2016 Southwest Super Lawyers. In the practice area of Family Law, Christina Hamilton, Helen Davis and Philip Gerard were honored; Richard Woods and Ralph Hunsaker were named in the Personal Injury Defense–General category; Kerry Griggs was listed in the Personal Injury Products – Defense category; Timothy Hyland and Steve Plitt were named in the Insurance Coverage category; and William Demlong and Elliot Wernick were honored in the Civil Litigation: Defense category.
Each year, no more than five percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.
Seven senior attorneys were named as 2015 Southwest Super Lawyers. In the practice area of Family Law, Christina Hamilton, Helen Davis and Philip Gerard were honored; Scott Rose was recognized in the Real Estate category; Richard Woods and Ralph Hunsaker were named in...