Jerry D. Worsham II is a shareholder with the firm. Mr. Worsham has an extensive practice in environmental compliance and litigation, natural resource development. His experience includes: approvals and permits for natural resource development; litigation defense on numerous cases involving the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA); Climate Change including comment on issues and regulation development; compliance with the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA); civil and criminal liability defense on environmental matters; ASTM Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments coordination; emergency incident responses; Prospective Purchaser Agreement negotiations; creation of Conservation Easements; and due diligence associated with mergers, acquisitions and initial public offerings. Mr. Worsham reviews and comments on federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations on a regular basis and represents clients before federal and state environmental agencies.
Associations & Activities
- American Bar Association
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Governor’s Mining Advisory Council, Board Member
- The Associated General Contractors of America – Appointed Member to the Environmental Forum Steering Committee
- The Member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers (2015 – present)
- Barrow Neurological Foundation, Board of Trustees
- Lou Grubb Friends’ Fore Golf & Gala, Committee Member (2016, 2017, 2018)
- Guest Lecturer on Hazardous Waste Regulation for the Arizona State University, Fulton School of Engineering, The Polytechnic School of Environmental and Resource Management
Awards & Recognition
- AV Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Recognized “Environmental Specialist” by the New Mexico Board of Legal Specialization, 2000 – present
- Arizona Top Lawyer, 2010
- Who’s Who Top Lawyer, 2015
- Arizona Finest Lawyer 2014 – 2015
- Southwest Super Lawyers, 2017 – 2018
- State Bar of Arizona
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of New Mexico
- District of Columbia Bar
- Arizona, 1994
- US District Court of Arizona, 1995
- New Mexico, US District Court of New Mexico, 1989
- District of Columbia, 1994
- Texas, 1996
- University of Denver – Sturm College of Law (J.D., 1988)
- Pepperdine University, (M.B.A., 1982)
- Cornell College, (B.S.S., 1978)
- Negotiation of a Consent Agreement and Final Order (“CAFO”) with the Environmental Protection Agency (“EPA”) concerning alleged violations of the EPA’s Lead Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule including a Supplemental Environmental Project (“SEP”).
- Negotiation of a Tolling Agreement and a Consent Decree with the EPA for a CERCLA Site.
- Remediation of a Shopping Center with contamination by a former Dry Cleaner tenant.
- Completion of Environmental Due Diligence Associated with a Solar Energy Project.
- Successful Legal Defense of an Apartment Complex with allegations by tenant of Mold Contamination.
- Completion of a Voluntary Remediation Program (“VRP”) application with the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (“ADEQ”) for a commercial property.
- Obtain a Prospective Purchase Agreement (“PPA”) with the ADEQ for a new Apartment Complex within an Arizona Water Quality Assurance Revolving Fund (“WQARF”) Site.
- Remediation of former Automobile Maintenance and Repair Facility for future sale, lease or financing options
News & Publications
Paycheck Protection Program Loans, Bankruptcy Protection, and Environmental Considerations Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic
The recent State of Arizona Declaration of Emergency *COVID-19* and Executive Order 2020-07 issued by Governor Douglas A. Ducey on March 11, 2020, forced the Arizona economy into a screeching halt. To provide a robust and integrated response to successfully combat the...
The evaluation and disclosure of environmental liabilities may represent one of the key responsibilities for Environmental Attorneys and/or Environmental Managers (“EM”). Generally the financial reporting requirements of the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”)...
View the Presentation
Lessee/Tenant CERCLA Liability and Due Diligence – The Build Act of 2018 – A New Wrapper on an Old Package
Since Congress enacted the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act of 1980 ("CERCLA or Superfund") 42 U.S.C.A. §§9601 - 9675, the importance of the environmental aspects of due diligence in real estate transactions has become a significant...
Senior Member Jerry Worsham II was appointed to a national steering committee for the Associated General Contractors of America-AGC’s Environmental Forum. Members are selected from throughout the construction industry and serve a rolling three- year term.
Southwest Super Lawyers selected 12 senior attorneys for its 2017 honor. Named for this honor are Helen R. Davis, William M. Demlong, Philip C. Gerard, Connie T. Gould, Christina S. Hamilton, Ralph E. Hunsaker, Timothy R. Hyland, Steven Plitt, Elliot H. Wernick, Richard J. Woods and Jerry D. Worsham II. Steven J. Gross, Jordan R. Plitt and John K. Wittwer were named as up-and-coming, Rising Stars.
Jerry Worsham’s practice focuses on environmental and natural resource issues. He is licensed to practice in Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and the District of Columbia.