Timea R. Hargesheimer joined the firm in 2014 as an Associate. Ms. Hargesheimer is now a Member and practices exclusively in the Family Law and Domestic Relations area, representing clients in all aspects and stages of family court proceedings, including paternity, legal separation, divorce, and modification, with a specific interest in UCCJEA and UIFSA issues.
Ms. Hargesheimer was born in Csorna, Hungary, and is fluent in Hungarian. After living in Hungary and Germany, Ms. Hargesheimer emigrated to Seattle in 1988 and has lived in Phoenix since 1993. She graduated summa cum laude from Arizona State University (ASU) in 2007 with a B.S. in Justice Studies. After college, Ms. Hargesheimer worked for the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) for five years, which experience has proved useful in cases involving ASRS retirement benefits as assets. Ms. Hargesheimer received her J.D. from the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at ASU in 2011. During her tenure in law school, Ms. Hargesheimer co-founded the first family law student association, the Joel Shepard Family Law Assistance Program (JSFLAP) (formerly Family Law Assistance Program, renamed after the passing of co-founder, Joel Shepard), which established mentoring relationships between local family law attorneys and students wishing to practice in family law and created family law pro bono opportunities for students. JSFLAP remains a thriving student association at ASU and Ms. Hargesheimer volunteers her time during pro bono events. During law school, Ms. Hargesheimer was also awarded a scholarship by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML). Ms. Hargesheimer also held leadership roles in the Juvenile Legal Assistance Program, the Women Law Students Association, and the Advocacy Program Against Domestic Violence. Her externship activities included serving as a legal extern under the Honorable Bruce R. Cohen, Superior Court in Maricopa County, Family Division, and in the family law department of Community Legal Services. After law school, Ms. Hargesheimer practiced in the area of estate planning, probate, and guardianships/conservatorships, with an emphasis in special needs trusts.
Associations & Activities
- Arizona Chapter of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AZ AFCC), Board of Directors Student Representative, 2010 – 2012; Young Professional Member, 2012 – 2014; Executive Council Secretary, 2015 – current; Summit Project Committee Member and Drafter, 2011- current
- Arizona Women Lawyers Association, Maricopa Chapter, 2018 – current, Executive and Steering Committee, Member
- State Bar of Arizona
- State Bar of Arizona, Executive Council for Family Law Section, 2015 – current
- State Bar of Arizona, Young Lawyers Division Liaison, 2015 – current; Family Law Section liaison, 2015 – current; CLE Committee Chair, 2016 – current
- Maricopa County Bar, Family Law Section member
- Joel Shepard Family Law Assistance Program, ASU Law, Pro bono volunteer
- AAML Institute for Family Law Associates, Advanced Program, participant
- Arizona, 2012
- Arizona State University (J.D., 2011; B.S., 2007, summa cum laude)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Constitutional Law II
- Arizona Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML) scholarship recipient
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts scholarship recipient
- Pro Bono Service with High Distinction Award recipient
- Russell L. Duncan Justice Studies scholarship recipient
- School of Justice Studies Writing Mentor
News & Publications
The Cavanagh Law Firm was selected as one of the "10 Best Law Firms" for Arizona Client Satisfaction in the practice area of Family Law.
U. S. News 2nd World Report and Best Lawyers Recognizes the Cavanagh Law Firm With Tier 1 Rankings in the Following Practice Areas:
Family Law Insurance Law Litigation - Real Estate Litigation - Tax Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants Real Estate Law