- Senior Member
As a Senior Member of The Cavanagh Law Firm, Mr. Gross focuses on insurance coverage, personal injury claims and bad faith litigation. His work for insurance providers extends to both first-party property and third-party liability cases connected with all types of protection. He has especially strong knowledge of matters of coverage concerning the interstate motor carrier transportation field.
Mr. Gross serves as counsel for major motor carrier transportation insurance companies across the country and has advised clients regarding coverage and bad faith litigation issues. He has appeared in court in Arizona, Kansas, Oklahoma, New Jersey, New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada, Alaska, Georgia, Louisiana, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Connecticut Virginia South Dakota, South Carolina, North Carolina, Utah and California.
Right now, Mr. Gross is the Chair of the Arizona State Bar's Motor Carrier Transportation continuing legal education program and one of two managing authors and editors of the Arizona Tort Law Handbook that was produced by the Arizona State Bar. He has written over 20 articles and books associated with insurance coverage, liability defense and claims practices that include Chapter 8 from the national Claims Adjuster's Automobile Liability handbook released by West in 2009 as well as Chapter 9 from the two-volume book entitled Handling Insurance Cases published by West in 2011. Moreover, he has been listed in the Southwest Super Lawyers since its launch, has gained a place in The Best Lawyers in America for 2019 to 2022, and is rated AV Preeminent through Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Gross is a partner of the CPCU Society, the Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA), and the Arizona Association of Special Investigation Units (AASIU).
- Arizona State University, College of Law, Tempe, Arizona
- J.D. - 2005
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Arizona State Law Journal
- Honors: Arizona State Bar Tax Scholarship, 2005
- Honors: William H. Pedrick Scholar
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2019 – present, Insurance Law
- Arizona’s Finest Lawyer
- Southwest Super Lawyers
- Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Arizona Top Lawyers 2016, PHOENIX Magazine
- Trucking Insurance Defense Association
- CPCU Society
- AADC-YLD Board of Directors, 2008 - 2010
- Mended Little Hearts Pediatric Heart Charity, 2012 - 2015