An Industry-Leading Insurance Defense Practice
The Cavanagh Law Firm, P.A., is a leading Arizona law firm in the area of insurance defense. Established in 1999, we have long been known as one of the preeminent firms in the region for the handling of insurance matters.
Our lawyers are skilled, diligent, and attentive to our clients’ needs. We have the resources necessary to handle the high-stakes matters that insurance companies must confront. Drawing on vast experience in both insurance law and related areas – such as business litigation, appellate litigation, and employment law – our attorneys are well equipped to address complex legal matters.
Sophisticated Guidance On All Aspects Of Insurance Law
Insurance law is one of our most robust areas of practice. We provide sophisticated legal services addressing claims defense, claims avoidance, and risk management. Our lawyers represent the interests of insurers in all areas of defense and coverage matters and maintain active relationships with insurers nationwide. Our team has developed fraud detection programs that have resulted in national standards for the identification, investigation, and reporting of fraudulent insurance claims.
Our attorneys have successfully defended insurers against numerous types of claims, including:
- Insurance claims involving all types of policies and coverage
- Whistleblower and qui tam claims alleging legal or ethical violations
- Bad faith claims brought by policyholders or third parties, including allegations of illegal patterns and practices
- Contract disputes involving vendors, employees, or independent contractors
- Cybersecurity claims involving data breaches, alleged privacy violations, or mismanagement of sensitive data
- Employment law claims brought by insurance company employees, including allegations of wrongful termination or discrimination
Our insurance attorneys are responsive, experienced, thorough, meticulous, and tenacious. They maintain agreed-upon litigation budgets and keep insurers and their insureds informed of the progress of litigation. Whenever possible, our lawyers strive to reduce costs and delays by pursuing alternative dispute resolution methods such as arbitration.
- Our attorneys successfully obtained the dismissal of a whistleblowing claim brought by an insurance company’s in-house counsel who alleged that the company grossly under-reserved for claims he was handling during the company’s initial public offering.
- One of our attorneys successfully defended an insurer in a trial alleging a national pattern and practice of terminating older, highly compensated insurance agents.
Reach Out To Our Insurance Defense Team