Chrisanne M. Gultz focuses on employment litigation in federal and state courts, including claims of discrimination, retaliation, and harassment. Ms. Gultz also handles charges brought against employers in federal and state agencies, such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Civil Rights Division of the Arizona Attorney General’s Office (ACRD). Ms. Gultz has experience in all phases of litigation, from case inception through discovery and even trial, having served as second chair counsel in two jury trials. Despite her litigation experience, Ms. Gultz’s philosophy is to keep her clients out of court. To that end, Ms. Gultz counsels employers in a variety of industries on compliance with federal and state law, conducts internal investigations, and drafts employee handbooks.
Associations & Activities
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel
- Phoenix Zoo’s Wildest Club in Town
Awards & Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, 2023, Labor and Employment Law – Management and Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Stars in Employment and Labor (2022)
- PHOENIX Magazine Top Lawyers in Labor and Employment Law (2022)
- Arizona, 2018
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona, 2019
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2023
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2019
- Arizona State University, (J.D., 2017)
- Arizona State University (B.S., magna cum laude, 2014)
- Second-chaired an 8-day trial in gender discrimination and defamation case in District Court of Arizona resulting in defense verdict.
- Obtained summary judgment in District Court of Arizona on all claims by former employee alleging sexual harassment and retaliation.
- Negotiated nominal settlement on behalf of employer in a claim alleging pregnancy discrimination.