Addressing Family Law Cases With Precision
Few areas of law have such a direct and personal impact on the lives of clients as family law does. Divorce, custody, and other family law matters can shape your life in a profound way.
The Cavanagh Law Firm, P.A., boasts a preeminent family law practice dedicated to serving clients at a time of personal challenge and securing their present and future financial resources. We have been widely and deservedly recognized for decades for our premier family law practice group. Drawing on a wealth of experience in both litigation and alternative dispute resolution (ADR) methods, our attorneys offer clients robust skill sets with which to navigate any challenges that may arise in the course of resolving their family law matters.
Nationally Recognized Family Law Attorneys
Several of our family law attorneys have been recognized by Best Lawyers in America, honored by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, and, most recently, named to the Most Influential Women in Arizona list. Three of our family law lawyers are certified specialists in family law through the State Bar of Arizona.
Equipped To Address The Full Spectrum Of Family Law Matters
Our attorneys help clients facing a full range of family law matters, including:
- Divorce: Our team addresses all aspects of divorce in Arizona, including asset division and spousal maintenance (alimony).
- Child custody: Our family law attorneys work with clients to develop parenting plans tailored to their unique situations. They also provide zealous representation for clients facing custody disputes.
- Premarital and postmarital agreements: Our lawyers draft solid agreements that are both legally enforceable and effective in providing the appropriate protections for our clients with regard to finances, assets, and spousal maintenance.
Our family law clients also benefit from the resources of attorneys from the firm’s other areas of practice who are available to address special issues such as estate planning, ancillary litigation, and tax considerations.
Skilled At Handling Complex Marital Estates
A major focus of our family law practice involves addressing the nuanced issues that arise in complex marital estates, such as:
- 401(k)s, individual retirement accounts (IRAs), and other retirement assets
- Stocks, investment accounts, and stock options
- Vacation properties and investment properties
- Premarital and separate property, including trust accounts and inheritances
Clients rely on our lawyers’ advice in the valuation and disposition of their assets and the safeguarding of their best interests.