The Firm serves creditors to protect their interests, achieves results in bankruptcy proceedings and helps clients navigate financially challenging circumstances.
We offer planning and litigation services to lenders, borrowers, trade creditors and challenged businesses to avoid contested proceedings or, when needed, to protect clients’ interests in bankruptcy or civil courts. These services regularly include:
- loan workouts
- restructuring of debt
- non-judicial arrangements between creditors and debtors
- debtor representation in bankruptcy proceedings
- creditor representation in bankruptcy proceedings
- adversary proceedings in bankruptcy court
- non-dischargeabilty claims
Key to the successful achievement of clients’ business objectives is the teamwork of THE CAVANAGH LAW FIRM’S attorneys who work to understand each client’s business, its financial situation, goals and plans. They work with clients to present alternatives, assess risks and potential outcomes and present and receive approval for representation budgets. Our attorneys are flexible and nimble in adapting to changing financial circumstances and legal developments and strategies.
- Counseling: We regularly advise clients on business practices, pricing strategies, competitive marketing and communications to avoid or minimize antitrust issues.
- Compliance: The Firm assists clients with government investigations, pre-acquisition due diligence and other compliance reviews.
- Litigation: THE CAVANAGH LAW FIRM has litigated high profile antitrust cases to defend clients from attack by others and to redress the predatory and unfair trade practices of clients’ competitors.
- Industry and market experience: The Firm’s attorneys have experience in a broad array of industries to assist clients in antitrust planning that helps achieve business goals legally, develop litigation budgets and strategies that meet clients’ business objectives.
Firm attorneys successfully defended a foreign corporation in an alleged worldwide conspiracy regarding the production of consumer electronic products.
Our attorneys successfully represented Karsten Manufacturing, the manufacturer of PING golf products, in litigating federal and state antitrust claims against the PGA TOUR, Inc. and the United States Golf Association.
The Firm’s lawyers successfully defended the leading company in an industry that entered into an exclusive supply relationship with a key vendor of a component necessary for all firms in the market.