Giselle is an Arizona Certified Tax Specialist, a CPA (Arizona), and holds a Masters in Law in Taxation. Ms. Alexander began her career with a Big-4 Accounting firm where she worked in business tax advisory services, working primarily with the banking and oil industries, as well as with research and development tax credits and incentives. Her practice has grown to encompass tax controversy matters, exempt organization issues, and estate planning services.
Giselle represents clients at all states of the tax controversy process from pre-controversy (i.e. amnesty and voluntary disclosure proceedings, private letter ruling requests), through audits, appeals, and litigation.
Giselle is one of a small number of tax attorneys in the U.S. with experience in trying 831(b) micro captive insurance cases before the U.S. Tax Court. Since 2015, she has worked on over 200 of these matters, representing individuals, corporations, insurance companies, and captive managers.
Giselle also offers comprehensive estate planning services from simple individual matters to complex family trust situations. She is experienced in drafting complex trust agreements, creating charitable organizations, and representing estates before the IRS in audits and litigation.
Associations & Activities
- State Bar of Arizona, Tax Law Section, Chair
- Arizona State Board of Accountancy, Secretary
- American Bar Association, Tax Section, State & Local Tax Executive Committee, Exempt Organizations Co-Chair
- Certified Specialist, Tax Law; Arizona Board of Legal Specialization
- Daughters of the American Revolution, Paradise Valley Chapter, Regent Elect
- Arizona Mayflower Society, Member
- Dodie Londen Excellence in Public Services Series, Board Member
- Wills for Heroes, Volunteer Attorney
Awards & Recognition
- Top Pro Bono Attorney 2020, Arizona Bar Foundation
- ABA Tax Section Nolan Fellow 2018
- Super Lawyers 2017, 2018, 2019, & 2020 Southwest Rising Star in Tax Law
- Arizona, 2010
- Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- Court of Federal Claims
- Northwestern University (L.L.M., Taxation 2010)
- 2010 Public Service Star
- Arizona State University (J.D., 2009)
- Willard H. Pedrick Scholar (Dean’s List), multiple semesters
- CALI Award – Tax Controversies
- CALI Award – Bankruptcy
- State Bar of Arizona Tax Section 2009 scholarship recipient
- Arizona State University (B.S. Economics, 2006)
- Dean’s List, multiple semesters