Ms. Davis has been practicing family law for over 20 years and focuses on complex divorce and custody litigation. Ms. Davis is the President and Chair of the Firm and also is an Adjunct Professor at Arizona State University’s Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law. Ms. Davis is certified as a family law specialist by the Arizona state Bar; is a fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers; is AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; and is honored by Best Lawyer’s in America, Super Lawyers, and more elite organizations.
Associations & Activities
- State Bar of Arizona, Executive Council for Family Law Section, 2001-present; Past Chair, 2007-2008; Past Member CLE Committee
- State Bar of Arizona, Certified Family Law Specialist, Maricopa County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- American Bar Association, Past Member of the Continuing Education Committee
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section, Fellow of the American Bar Foundation
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Fellow, 2014-present
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC), Board Member, 2008-present
- Arizona Women Lawyer’s Association, Past Chair, 2005; Past Member of Steering Committee
- Marriage and Family Communications Committee, Arizona Legislature, appointed by Governor Napolitano
- Quadrennial Child Support Guidelines Review Committee (appointed by the Chief Justice of the Arizona Supreme Court), Member 2008-2009, Past Member of the Economic Workgroup Subcommittee of the Child Support Guidelines Review Committee, 2007-2008
- Restyling of the Arizona Rules of Family Law Procedure (appointed by the Chief Justice of the Arizona Supreme Court), Member, 2017-present
- Desert Cancer Foundation of Arizona, Board Member, 2010-2014; President Elect, 2011-2012; President, 2012
- Daughters of Penelope
- East Valley Community Board Member Dignity Health, Chandler Regional Medical Center, Mercy Gilbert Medical Center, 2012-present
- Liaison from the East Valley Community Board to the St. Joseph’s Hospital Community Board, 2015-2016
Awards & Recognition
- Most Influential Women in Arizona, 2018
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
- Best Lawyers in America, Family Law, 2013-present
- Best Lawyers in Arizona, Family Law, 2013-present
- Arizona’s Finest Lawyers, 2014-present
- Southwest Super Lawyers, 2015-present
- Arizona, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Arizona, 1997
- Arizona State University (J.D., cum laude, 1997)
- Arizona State Univeristy (B.A., summa cum laude, 1994)
- Order of the Coif
- Order of the Barristers
- William H. Pedrick Scholar, 1997
- Jurimetrics Journal, Senior Articles Editor
- Chair and Member, Moot Court Board
- Co-winner Best Oral Advocate of Class
- Writing Instructor
- Arizona State University (B.A., summa cum laude, 1994)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Adjunct Faculty, Community Property, Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, 2015-present
News & Publications
Top Arizona Attorneys Every year the best of the best lawyers get recognized by their peers for their professional achievements in law. The Super Lawyers Top 50 Lawyers for Arizona has been announced and The Cavanagh Law Firm attorneys have made the grade. Super...
The Cavanagh Law Firm is an outstanding and distinguished law firm in Arizona that covers a variety of practices. The Firm’s exceptional lawyers have an impressive history litigating complex and sophisticated cases. The firm has been recognized by U.S. News - Best...
Cavanagh Law Firm Chair of the Board Honored, Helen R. Davis Recognized Among Most Influential Women in Arizona
The Cavanagh Law Firm is proud to announce that Chair of the Board, Ms. Helen R. Davis, was recognized in Arizona Business Magazine as one of the Most Influential Women in Arizona. Arizona Business Magazine honors women changing the face of Arizona business. These...
Author of a column for Family Law News
American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Arizona Chapter, For Better or For Worse
Co-Presenter, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Annual Meeting, Chicago, Illinois
The Cavanagh Law Firm was selected as one of the "10 Best Law Firms" for Arizona Client Satisfaction in the practice area of Family Law.
Named for this honor are Helen R. Davis, Philip C. Gerard, William M. Demlong, Timothy R. Hyland, Steven Plitt, Scott A. Rose and Terry L Rakow.
U. S. News 2nd World Report and Best Lawyers Recognizes the Cavanagh Law Firm With Tier 1 Rankings in the Following Practice Areas:
Family Law Insurance Law Litigation - Real Estate Litigation - Tax Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants Real Estate Law