Mrs. Suddes is a Member with The Cavanagh Law Firm where her practice focuses upon litigation of matters involving personal injury, premises liability, product liability, dram shop liability, transportation and trucking, wrongful death claims and construction defect. She also has significant experience handling matters involving insurance coverage, bad faith claim handling and punitive damages, and other breach of contract and tort claims. Mrs. Suddes has represented clients in a variety of industries including trucking and transportation, insurance, security, lodging, healthcare, communications and construction.
Associations & Activities
- Claims & Litigation Management (CLM) Alliance, Member
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), Member
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Bench Bar Conference, Trial Advocacy Committee
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division Board of Directors (2015-2018)
- Arizona, 2011
- United States District Court, Arizona, 2011
- Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Arizona State University, (J.D., magna cum laude, 2011)
- Order of the Coif
- William H. Pedrick Scholar
- John J. Ross Award for Excellence in Business Courses
- Jurimetrics: The Journal of Law, Science & Technology, Topic and Production Editor
- Arizona State University (B.S., summa cum laude, 2006)
- Second-chaired 10-day jury trial in construction defect case currently on appeal after vacating $5.6 million default judgment against client.
- Second-chaired 4-day jury trial in breach of contract case resulting in favorable settlement after court awarded client a new trial upon motion.
- Summary judgment granted in favor of client insurer interpreting notice of cancellation endorsement of policy. Plaintiffs appealed and Arizona Court of Appeals affirmed summary judgment in favor of defense.
- Summary judgment in favor of client enforcing limitation of liability clause limiting damages to $250 in a case involving millions and ultimately, securing dismissal of all claims.
- Favorable settlement for client in premises liability case seeking over $20 million after teenager fell off treadmill at physical therapy office and sustained permanent debilitating brain injuries.
- Favorable settlement for client after vacating default in an amount of $10 million, litigating and filing a motion for summary judgment on causation in case involving plaintiff’s semi-truck rear-ending client’s semi-truck on interstate and plaintiff sustaining severe spinal cord injuries.
- Favorable settlement under policy limits for client facing excess exposure after plaintiff motorcyclist alleged client turned left in front of him and client argued plaintiff’s motorcycle’s headlight was not lit.
- Favorable settlement for semi-truck driver client when plaintiff-pedestrian claimed truck hit her as she walked behind it while client was reversing.
- Favorable settlement for client in indemnification case arising out of damages caused by house fire allegedly caused by faulty product.