- This event has passed.
Pain and Suffering Damages in Personal Injury
March 23, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Successfully Argue the Most Subjective Damages in Injury Settlements and Judgments
How do you put a monetary value on physical pain and emotional and mental harms? How can you convince an opposing party or jurors of the true extent or nature of a claimant’s suffering? In this program, knowledgeable attorney faculty will share their know-how and concrete approaches to negotiating or litigating these intangible damages. Take control of injury case recoveries – register today!
- Think like an adjuster: find out what factors insurance companies consider when gauging P&S.
- Discover when pain, suffering and other nonmedical losses are subject to a lien.
- Explore the tactics defense attorneys use to keep pain and suffering damages down.
- See how plaintiffs’ attorneys quantify, prove and increase pain and suffering damages.
- Find out how to use the discovery process to develop or defend against pain and suffering claims.
- Learn how to get your proofs admitted (and keep theirs out).
Who Should Attend
This basic-to-intermediate level seminar is designed for attorneys. Insurance adjusters and paralegals may also benefit.
- Pain and Suffering Damages: A Brief Introduction
- Negotiating and Litigating P&S Damages: Plaintiffs’ Tactics
- Negotiating and Litigating P&S Damages: Defense Perspective
- How Insurance Companies Evaluate Pain and Suffering
- Quantifying Pain and Suffering Damages
- Handling Lien Claims
- Legal Ethics
Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 6.00 *
* denotes specialty credits