Attorneys at The Cavanagh Law Firm, P.A., have vast experience in the legal issues of the health care and long-term care industries. Our clients over the years have included hospitals, doctors, dentists, medical practice groups, insurers, skilled nursing homes, assisted living facilities, other long-term care facilities, and numerous other businesses.
Our firm’s health care clients include Mutual Insurance Company of Arizona, the largest insurer of doctors in the region. The Cavanagh Law Firm, P.A., has hundreds of years of litigation and trial experience. We have successfully defended countless claims against medical providers and long-term care facilities in jury trials, arbitration, all aspects of litigation and mediation, administrative and professional proceedings, licensing, peer review, and other matters.
We represent health care facilities, long-term care facilities, medical providers, and practice groups of all sizes. Our services to health care and long-term care clients draw upon and are enhanced by the resources of the diverse practice groups in the firm that provide a full range of legal services to our clients, including:
- Long-term care defense
- Medical and dental malpractice defense
- Professional liability defense
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Employment and discrimination matters
- The Affordable Care Act
- The Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute
- Insurance defense
- Personal injury defense
- Insurance coverage and bad faith defense
- Real estate
- Government relations and administrative law
- Wealth management
- Estate planning
- We have obtained defense jury verdicts in countless cases of alleged medical malpractice on behalf of virtually every type of medical specialist.
- The firm’s lawyers have obtained a defense jury verdict in favor of a hospital in a trial in which the jury believed that an anesthesiologist, whom we did not represent, sexually assaulted an operating room nurse.
- Our lawyers have successfully defended doctors accused of inappropriately touching patients, including the full restoration of privileges and licensing in cases in which the police had recommended criminal prosecution of the doctor.
- We advise employers on the design and implementation of wellness plans that are legally compliant under the Affordable Care Act, GINA, the ADA, and the tax code.
- We represent many physical practice groups, including large practice groups staffing major departments of some of the state’s largest hospitals.