We help clients obtain, retain, and fulfill the requirements of government contracts.
With government occupying a larger share of the country’s economy, government contracting has assumed a more important role for the business community. THE CAVANAGH LAW FIRM is experienced in helping clients compete for, obtain, and comply with the requirements of government contracts.
Being a government supplier brings with it a host of government legal, regulatory and contractual requirements. We have experience in a wide array of matters through which government agencies monitor the accountability and transparency of work for the government, including:
- preparation and defense of affirmative action plans
- handle OFCCP audits
- defend audits, investigations and litigation regarding prevailing wage compliance under the Davis-Bacon Act, Service Contract Act, or other laws assist clients in requirements for contracts funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA)
- compliance with E-Verify use by federal contractors
- draft ethics and conflict of interests policies for compliance with government contracting requirements
- assist clients in qualifying as minority or women owned business
- defend companies that are the subject of government audits, compliance reviews, and investigations
- defend contractors facing debarment proceedings and preserving their eligibility to be awarded government contracts
- management training in adopting and implementing policies to achieve compliance with government contracting requirements
- In the first known full hearing on an Arizona Department of Transportation bid protest, our attorneys successfully defended the award of a $20+ million highway construction contract, defeating a challenge based on alleged corporate criminal activity.
- Our lawyers defended a seven-figure Davis-Bacon Act administrative proceeding and simultaneous Department of Labor FLSA lawsuit, with related claims among various contractors.
- We represent the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors in litigation concerning the operation, control, and ownership of a $30+ million Integrated Criminal Justice Information System and the supporting IT infrastructure, relied up by numerous government and law enforcement agencies.
- Our attorneys represented a construction company subjected to a rigorous OFCCP audit that resulted in a clean bill of health