In 2019, there will be an increase in the amount that can pass estate tax free — one person can now pass a total of $11.4 million during life and upon death. In 2019, the amount that can be given each year without causing a decrease in the total exclusion that can be passed is $15,000 per person. While this increase makes trust administration simpler for couples whose total assets are below $11.4 million, Sharon Ravenscroft still recommends trusts that will fund a Decedent’s Trust just in case the estate tax exclusion decreases.
- Punching the Clock: Why it is more important than ever that employers evaluate how to track employees’ time worked remotely
- Managing Partner Helen Davis Explains Divorce During the Pandemic
- Climate Change – A Different Perspective on Oil and Gas Production
- Cavanagh Attorneys Mear and Stafford Successfully Ensure a General Contractor’s Duty to a Subcontractor’s Employee is Not Expanded
- Loren Suddes, Certified Litigation Management Professional
There are no upcoming events at this time.